Eventbrite is an all-in-one occasion administration and ticketing answer. It handles all the things from new occasion creation to the advertising, registration, ticket gross sales and attendee check-in for the occasion. You may even create post-event surveys and extra for higher attendee engagement.
Under, we’ll go in-depth into Eventbrite’s pricing, options, use instances, and what we predict is nice and unhealthy about this platform.
Who Eventbrite Is For
Eventbrite is a superb answer for any particular person or group seeking to promote occasions and promote tickets. Whether or not or not it’s a small event, a big annual occasion, or a company meet up, Eventbrite is flexible sufficient to accommodate any perform the place tickets are offered and other people attend (bodily or nearly).
It’s mostly used for live shows, gala’s, festivals, workshops, courses, and conferences. From occasion promoters and musicians to chambers of commerce and company occasion planners, Eventbrite is an end-to-end answer for a wide selection of potential customers.
You don’t have to arrange an enormous leisure or enterprise occasion to make the most of Eventbrite. A neighborhood health teacher can promote free yoga classes on the seashore or an artist can host a wine and paint night time at their studio—the use instances are nearly limitless. We’ve seen retailers use Eventbrite to advertise a pop-up store, nonprofits use it to host fundraisers, and nearly all the things in between.
Eventbrite’s pricing is basically primarily based on occasion dimension and frequency. There are two totally different subscription choices for occasion organizers to select from: Flex and Professional.
The Flex plan is designed for one-off occasions, and it’s a pay-as-you-go service billed per occasion. Plans break down as follows for every occasion you host and promote on Eventbrite Flex:
- As much as 25 tickets: Free
- As much as 100 tickets: $9.99 per occasion
- As much as 250 tickets: $24.99 per occasion
- Limitless tickets: $49.99 per occasion
Conversely, the Professional plan is designed for people who find themselves steadily organizing and internet hosting occasions. Moderately than paying per occasion, you’ll pay a month-to-month subscription payment primarily based on what number of tickets you’re promoting for an infinite variety of occasions:
- As much as 100 tickets: $29 per thirty days
- As much as 250 tickets: $79 per thirty days
- Limitless tickets: $159 per thirty days
In case you’re promoting tickets, there’s additionally a 3.7% + $1.79 service payment per paid ticket and a 2.9% processing payment on every paid order. These charges are paid by the ticket purchaser, however organizers have the choice to soak up the prices as a substitute to make tickets extra inexpensive for potential attendees.
The pricing construction is pretty simple, and total it’s a superb worth for any occasion dimension. Most notably, occasion frequency is a very powerful issue to think about when deciding between plans.
Let’s say you’re internet hosting an annual occasion and anticipate 5,000 attendees. In case you go together with the Flex plan, you’re paying simply $49.99 to host it, which is okay for a one-off occasion.
In case you’re internet hosting a month-to-month occasion and selling it year-round, nonetheless, chances are you’ll wish to take into account a Professional subscription. That’s as a result of the Flex plan limits you to only 250 advertising emails per day, whereas the Professional plan is capped at 10,000 each day emails.
Whereas the $49.99 plan is clearly cheaper, the $159 per thirty days top-end Professional plan would possible be value it for the added advertising perks.
All plans include ticketing options, advertising instruments, information insights, occasion administration software program, and a safe funds platform.
Eventbrite Enhance is a separate, paid add-on that ranges from $15 to $100, not together with related advert spend. This function unlocks premium advertising and promoting instruments, and it can save you 20% on the speed by choosing annual billing.
Whereas Eventbrite Flex and Professional are self-service types of this platform, Eventbrite Premium delivers a extra managed possibility for big or advanced occasions. Organizer charges are waived, and also you’ll have entry to customized ticketing charges, a custom-made payout construction, and limitless forms of tickets, plus private help from the staff at Eventbrite. You’ll must contact Eventbrite gross sales for extra details about the Premium plan.
In any other case, you possibly can sign-up for a 14-day free trial of Eventbrite to check out the Professional subscription. The Eventbrite Flex plan for as much as 25 tickets is all the time free.
Execs and Cons of Eventbrite
There’s so much to like about Eventbrite. From its user-friendliness to its built-in instruments for promotion, group, and attendee engagement, it’s an answer favored by occasion organizers and attendees alike. However the platform isn’t excellent, and there are just a few shortcomings that you have to be conscious of.
The professionals and cons under are primarily based on a mix of actual person critiques and our personal analysis.
- Finish-to-end occasion administration: Eventbrite has all the things organizers must create and run profitable occasions, from preliminary occasion creation to ticket gross sales, advertising, and day-of administration. It’s actually an all-in-one, 360-degree occasion administration platform.
- Embedded checkout: Moderately than having to redirect web site guests to Eventbrite for buy, you possibly can arrange an built-in Eventbrite checkout straight by yourself web site.
- Clear charges: Whereas its service charges is likely to be on the upper aspect, Eventbrite is clear in regards to the charges charged to organizers and ticket consumers. You’ll all the time have readability about what (and why) you and your viewers are being charged.
- Constructed-in advertising: If you create an occasion with Eventbrite, you acquire entry to a whole suite of selling instruments that may assist with good viewers concentrating on, emails, and social sharing. You don’t must depend on third-party advertising platforms to advertise your occasion.
- Easy on-site check-in: On the day of an occasion, it’s straightforward to confirm tickets and registrations by way of fast QR code scanning. This helps scale back wait instances and makes it straightforward for organizers to confirm that solely paid ticket holders are getting into.
- Native promoting: Eventbrite has its personal promoting platform, along with its advertising instruments. Generate ticket gross sales rapidly by beginning a brand new marketing campaign inside Eventbrite to focus on potential attendees, say, inside 50 miles of your occasion.
- Model recognition: Eventbrite has turn out to be a reputation that the typical shopper is aware of, acknowledges, and trusts. With greater than 90 million energetic ticket consumers, many individuals go on to Eventbrite to browse for brand new and enjoyable occasions of their space.
- Confirmed monitor file: Final 12 months alone, the platform was used to arrange over 5 million occasions throughout 180 international locations by almost 800,000 creators who cumulatively offered 284 million tickets.
- Excessive service charges: Eventbrite service and processing charges are paid by the ticket purchaser by default, though organizers have the choice to soak up these prices. Both manner, with service charges beginning at 3.7% + $1.79 per ticket and a 2.9% processing payment per order, an order of two $50 tickets can be charged roughly $13 in further charges, which is sort of excessive.
- Increased charges in different international locations: In case your occasion is positioned in a rustic outdoors of the US, you possibly can anticipate even larger charges than those talked about above. For instance, there’s a 9% + €0.19 per ticket payment in Spain and a 9.99% service payment for tickets in Brazil.
- Restricted ticket varieties: In case you’re on a Flex or Professional subscription, you’ll solely have the ability to create customary admission tickets in Eventbrite. You’ll want to affix an Eventbrite Premium plan to unlock a number of ticket choices, corresponding to VIP areas, reserved seating, weekend passes, and early fowl reductions.
- Upsells for advertising instruments: Eventbrite has loads of built-in advertising options that you should use together with your occasion organizer subscription. However, to get probably the most out of those options, you’ll possible need to enroll in Eventbrite Enhance, which has a separate subscription mannequin and related costs.
- Restricted service provider processing choices: You’re pressured to make use of both Eventbrite’s fee processing or PayPal for ticket gross sales. This implies you possibly can’t combine your individual service provider providers platform—which is a ache when you’re getting decrease processing charges from them.
- Restricted advert attain: Eventbrite advertisements are solely accessible for choose main cities, together with Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Diego, Sydney, London, and Toronto. In case you’re internet hosting an occasion outdoors of the roughly 25 supported cities, you’ll must run advert campaigns by yourself through a distinct channel.
Eventbrite Evaluation: The Particulars
Eventbrite has tons of various occasion administration instruments inside its platform. Under, we’ll take a better have a look at the main options, highlighting how they work and what we take into consideration them.
Eventbrite has a built-in ticketing answer that organizers can use to promote tickets on-line, and it might even be used to easily register attendees free of charge occasions.
Getting began is so simple as creating a brand new occasion, selecting between digital or printed tickets, and setting the worth. From there, attendees should buy tickets straight by way of Eventbrite or by way of an embedded checkout in your web site.
Noteworthy advantages and options of the ticketing platform embrace:
- Digital and printed ticket choices
- Ticket transfers
- Promo codes
- Cost attendees ticket charges or soak up them
- Reserved seating for weddings, live shows, and different particular occasions
- Customized order types
- Customized URLs
One cool half about Eventbrite is its skill to accommodate each small and large-scale occasions. Whether or not you’re making an attempt to distribute 20 free tickets to a neighborhood occasion otherwise you’re promoting admission for a live performance that would pack 10,000 folks into the venue, the ticketing platform can deal with your wants.
It’s value noting that a few of the ticketing options aren’t accessible with each plan. For instance, you’ll should be on an Eventbrite Premium subscription for ticket transfers, reserved seating, and different ticket varieties like VIP entry and multi-day passes.
Eventbrite organizers have entry to a built-in advertising and promoting suite known as Eventbrite Enhance that’s excellent for constructing consciousness and enthusiasm on your occasion with out having to go away the platform.
This comes with all the things that you must promote extra tickets, promote the occasion, and handle communication together with your viewers main as much as and following the occasion.
The platform is totally built-in together with your occasion listings and information. Plus, it delivers key advantages like:
- Limitless contact checklist dimension
- Ship 1000’s of each day advertising emails
- Good concentrating on suggestions to succeed in very best audiences
- Constructed-in social media promoting
- Advertising and marketing insights and stories
- Automated multi-event advert campaigns
Sadly, this doesn’t simply come together with your occasion organizer subscription. Eventbrite Enhance has its personal paid plans, beginning at $15 per thirty days for as much as 2,000 each day emails.
Whereas it could be good to see these perks included together with your common Eventbrite subscription, we will see why they’re billed individually. This ensures that the bottom occasion administration software program is inexpensive and that you just’re not pressured to pay further for options that you just received’t use (particularly if you have already got a well-liked advertising and promoting platform).
Eventbrite Organizer App
Along with the user-friendly, web-based dashboard, occasion creators even have entry to the Eventbrite Organizer app. That is a straightforward strategy to handle your occasion from anyplace through your cellular gadget, and it’s particularly helpful throughout the run-up to an occasion (and the day of) if you’re continually on the go.
With the Organizer app, you’ll have the power to:
- Verify-in friends with contactless QR codes
- Monitor ticket gross sales in actual time
- Observe precise attendance
- Promote walk-up tickets on the door
- Promote merchandise onsite throughout occasions
The app is accessible to anybody internet hosting an occasion with Eventbrite at no further cost. We extremely suggest downloading the app and benefiting from its options. It’s accessible for each Android and iOS.
Eventbrite Fee Processing
In case you’re promoting tickets with Eventbrite, you additionally get entry to the platform’s built-in fee system.
One noteworthy advantage of this function is the power to receives a commission for the tickets you’ve offered earlier than your occasion even takes place. That is actually helpful when you need assistance protecting the prices of distributors, meals, or different stock that requires a deposit.
It’s a easy, efficient strategy to get immediate fee for the tickets you promote whereas additionally delivering a handy checkout course of for attendees.
The most effective half about Eventbrite’s fee processing is that all the things is dealt with for you—which means you don’t must arrange your individual fee gateway or processor to promote tickets.
And, you additionally get the next advantages:
- PCI-compliant transactions
- No hidden charges
- Automated refunds
- Versatile payout schedules
- Settle for all main bank cards
- Appropriate with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Payouts through direct deposit or examine
- Embedded checkouts by yourself web site
The draw back is that the processing charges aren’t low cost. Sadly, too, when you’re a enterprise that presently will get higher charges with a third-party processor, you received’t have the ability to combine your individual service provider providers into Eventbrite to get these higher charges.
Whereas Eventbrite is mostly related to in-person occasions like live shows, festivals, and conferences, it will also be used to host, promote, and promote admission to digital occasions.
It is a smart way for occasion organizers to develop their attain to a wider viewers, as anybody with an web connection can attend a web based occasion.
The cool half about this function is that it may be mixed with an in-person occasion to create a hybrid attendee construction. For instance, you possibly can promote tickets to a live performance after which additionally broadcast that efficiency reside to digital attendees who can’t make it to the venue.
You may combine your digital occasion with a wide range of totally different streaming and video conferencing platforms, together with:
- Fb Stay
The one disadvantage of internet hosting digital occasions by way of Eventbrite is that it doesn’t include a built-in video internet hosting possibility. You’ll must get arrange with one of many third-party instruments from the checklist above.
Eventbrite is a flexible and highly effective occasion administration answer. It comes with all the things that you must create, handle, promote, and run profitable occasions. You need to use it to promote tickets, talk together with your attendees, and even promote merchandise on the occasion house.
We suggest it to any promoter, occasion planner, particular person, or enterprise on the lookout for a easy and streamlined strategy to handle occasions. From customized occasion pages to built-in fee processing, Eventbrite comes with all the things that you must succeed. Begin your 14-day free trial right now.