November 6, 2023 – The Allstate Foundation has introduced 20 recipients of its second annual open request for proposals. This 12 months, the RFP focus was nonprofits creating Inclusive Financial Alternative. They have been chosen from greater than 900 nonprofit organizations that utilized. These unrestricted grants assist organizations that promote financial inclusion and monetary empowerment and create pathways to success for all people, particularly these from underrepresented communities.
The 20 nonprofits will obtain a complete of $2M for his or her work to interrupt down limitations to financial alternative and create a extra inclusive society. In no specific order, the recipients are:
- Low Income Investment Fund
- Southern Poverty Law Center Inc
- Prosperity Now
- All Square
- American Indian Oic Inc
- Atlantic Impact
- Enterprising Latinas Inc
- Say Yes Buffalo Scholarship Inc
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers Roc United Inc
- Family Promise of Hawaii
- Found In Translation Inc
- Chicago United
- Chicago Women in Trade
- North Carolina Employee Ownership Center
- Anti-Recidivism Coalition
- New Mexico Immigrant Law Center
- Refoundry Inc
- Jobs For the Future
- Thai Community Development Center
For his or her time and aligned work, The Basis can also be recognizing an extra 171 nonprofit finalists with $3,000 honorary grants.
“This open request for proposals course of has allowed us to acknowledge exceptional nonprofits prior to now. If we had conventional restrictions/guardrails in place, we could not have obtained grant functions from these groups who’re making actual change,“ Courtenay Barton, racial fairness program officer at The Allstate Basis, stated. “These unbelievable organizations will use their experience and these unrestricted funds to catapult the constructive influence they make on people and communities.”
The Allstate Basis empowers communities and works towards a society the place everybody has the chance to thrive. The Basis’s racial fairness program is concentrated on workforce improvement, particularly working to shut the racial alternative hole for careers with thriving wages. The Basis invests in:
- Nonprofit organizations serving to folks overcome limitations and offering alternatives to thriving-wage employment,
- Entrepreneurs advancing fairness by way of modern workforce improvement methods,
- Constructing larger understanding, momentum and buy-in amongst employers for promising practices addressing racial fairness by way of workforce alternative and improvement applications – which may help drive higher enterprise outcomes.
Since 2021, The Allstate Basis invested an $20 million in nonprofit partnerships centered on advancing racial fairness by way of workforce alternative and improvement. This work enhances the work of the Allstate Company, together with numerous commitments made to advance fairness, similar to: founding member of OneTen, member of the Second Likelihood Enterprise Coalition, participant in P33 and signing CEO Motion for Variety and Inclusion pledge. To be taught extra about The Basis and its companions, go to: https://allstatefoundation.org/.
Submit Views: 95